We’re asking for your views on the proposals to amend parking restrictions in Woodstock. The existing parking provision includes a mixture of 1 hour, 3 hour and 23-hour parking bays, with areas for disabled parking. Issues have been raised that this is not properly enforced and does not cater for residents parking in the centre. A public exhibition displaying the proposals will be held as follows:
- Saturday 19th March: 9.30am – 12noon, Woodstock Community Centre, New Road, Woodstock.
- Monday 21st March: 6.30pm – 8.00pm, Woodstock Town Hall, Market Place, Woodstock.
Click here for OCC’s proposal and more information https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/woodstock_parking2022
Closing date for comment is 15th April 2022.
Various proposals have been developed and prioritised across Witney as a result of funding received from the Department for Transports` Active Travel Emergency Fund (click here) for further details). The proposals will aid active and healthy travel, which form part of the response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, and aim to
1) Make walking and cycling safer for everyone
2) make local shops, schools and employment easier to get to by walking and cycling, and
3) provide more choice for travelling in Witney.
Following the formal consultation on the various ‘Active Travel’ measures which were approved in February 2021 (see item no.41/21 here) an ‘Experimental’ Traffic Regulation Order has now been made in order to help facilitate the continuity of a cycle lane though Corn Street and will come into force no earlier than the 24th December.
More information https://letstalk.oxfordshire.gov.uk/witney_cornstreet_experiment21